Some helpful tips to save energy and money:
- Set your thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and as high as is comfortable in the summer.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces once a month or as needed.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing; when replacing exhaust fans, consider installing high-efficiency, low-noise models.
- During the heating season, keep the draperies and shades on windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows
- During the cooling season, keep the window coverings closed during the day to prevent solar gain.